The position that every business wants to be in, at the top of Google search results!
This is a question that we get asked a lot here at Hypen and you’ll be pleased to know that we can help you on your way to the first page on Google! This just requires a lot of patience with publishing high quality content that Google find relevant.
How do Google determine who is on the first few pages of search results?
There are many ways that Google determines the sites that appear on the first few search result pages. Unfortunately there isn’t a shortcut to appear on the first page!
Here are a few ways that Google rank websites online:
- Google search your website keywords, this keyword is then checked through your website to see if it has been used frequently. You want this keyword to be used when possible (as long as it makes sense!)
- Quality of inbound links. Inbound links are hyperlinks from other sites that point to your website. If this link is from an aged domain then this will have more of an SEO influence than a brand new website link.
- Website bounce rate. This term is the rate at which viewers look at your website and exit (“bounce”) before continuing on other webpages on your website. With this statistic you are looking to get a lower bounce rate score, meaning that users are staying on your site to find out more. Google will notice this which should have a positive influence on your page ranking.
How can Hypen help rank your website higher?
There are many ways that we can help rank your site higher on Google search results, here are a few ways that Hypen can help with our website maintenance package:
- Hypen can frequently update your website with your content to keep your website up to date, Google like websites that are frequently adding new and interesting content to their site. If a website is left then this will have an affect on your SEO score.
- Hypen optimise your websites for mobile and tablet before going live, this is a huge part of SEO. Without an optimised website, Google will put your website very far down on the search results. To put this into perspective, over 51% of internet activity is now on mobile phones.
- Website security. Security is a vital factor to higher ranking on Google. Google wouldn’t want to promote a website that cannot be trusted or doesn’t have the correct security measures in place. With Hypen’s platinum package we make sure that your website is secure and safe before going live. One way to do this is by using an SSL certificate.